Thursday, February 18, 2010

week 2

Hello again! Last Saturday was our first timed run, we ran 5 kilometers in the cold and I'll be honest, it was pretty rough on my body. The morning started off with me getting lost and having to wake a friend to tell me where to go! Then during the 5 minute warm-up, I thought my lungs were going to collapse. All of this cold weather altitude training should benefit for me in San Diego I suppose. I am running at approximately a 12 minute per mile pace...I am S L O W. Ideally, I would like to bump that up to 11 minute mile for my marathon pace but, let's face it, I'm not trying to break any records here, I'm just trying to cross the finish line. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! You are going to be awesome. I found a running website that might be informative: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    and you have to check out this blog: she is hilarious:http://www.girlinmotion.com/

    Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete