Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Cause

Hello Hello Hello! Welcome to my first official blog. I hope that you enjoy traveling alongside this journey with me. I have created this blog to keep you updated on my day to day training and fundraising. I hope you enjoy!


In August, I received the awful news that my Uncle John went to the doctor for some flu-like symptoms he was having. He was admitted immediately, and then the cement block was dropped, “You have Leukemia.” Can you imagine those 3 words being told to your parent, spouse, child, sibling, friend, or you? The awful beast that has taken over and ruined so many lives has come after my loved one.
After the shock, I needed to know how I could help. So, I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program. The LLS prides itself in providing education, research, and patient financial aid to those who are living with Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma. Among the health organizations that provide research and patient services, the LLS is ranked number one in giving the largest percentage of donations directly to the cause.
Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation. Please know that no amount of money is too large or small. http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/rnr10/bcortesy
Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support. On June 6, I will have the pleasure of taking over 26,000 steps; I know it will be a struggle, but I also know that with your help, we will one day have a cure, with that in mind, I will take as many steps as necessary!
On behalf of all that are fighting this ugly disease today, thank you very much for your support. Your encouragement, prayers, and generosity are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment