Thursday, February 11, 2010

Life according to the lifeless

As I said in a previous post, I am at a point in my life where I need purpose, direction, and meaning. I refuse to sit and watch life pass by with illness, poverty and lost souls roaming the earth. For the first time in a long time, I am excited for something, something a whole lot bigger than myself and it is bringing life back (figured I'd try this since I failed at bringing sexy back) hahaha.

Last night I had the pleasure of living life. I had a couple of very close and just straight amazing friends in town and we met at a local pub to drink the finest beer and eat the finest grilled cheese in town. :) At the table there was a teacher, doctor, nurse, social worker, charter school grant-getter (ha!), and myself. I posed the question, "what is our purpose?" I received the response, "this right here, building lasting and meaningful relationships." Fighting back the tears, I knew that no matter how hard we work, how many bills we pay, our fondest memories will be of those spent with the people we most love in this world and those who love you back. In all of my exhaustion and anxiety about what tomorrow will bring, I will never forget the many conversations and laughter that bring purpose.

As a friend once said and I have adopted, "we enter the world penniless, we will leave penniless; it is our character and relationships built throughout life that matter."

1 comment:

  1. "our fondest memories will be of those spent with the people we most love in this world".

    I think you hit the bulls-eye with this comment.

    Good luck to you and yours,

    John Cortesy
    http://www.trikepilotadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete